Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Learning Consultant and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
Please note this role requires travel to Halifax for job shadowing. As of right now, there will be 2 trips that could be up to a week each. There may be more travel required
The main function of a Learning Consultant is to conduct training and development programs for employees. The Learning Consultant will consult on, analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training and performance improvement solutions that are aligned with business partner’s strategies and are aimed at enhancing the capabilities of employees and managers supporting a client-centric environment.
As the Learning Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Research, recommend, design, develop and deliver integrated, comprehensive training solutions based on analysis and assessment of business partner and learner needs;
- Consult with cross-functional project teams, leaders and stakeholders;
- Conduct on-site interviews with staff/contractors on the job and with subject matter experts;
- Engage in job shadowing and consult with front line workers;
- Conduct needs assessments and consultations to identify and evaluate training requirements/need for learning;
- Design and plan customized training programs through instructional design methodology to create successful learning experiences;
- Develop training materials and curriculum; prepares learning recommendations;
- Implement customized training programs;
- Facilitate in-class training sessions;
- Manage and coordinate training schedule for team members;
- Ensure full learning cycle, curriculum design, development, execution, and review;
- Prepare learning recommendations;
- Coordinates or performs administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs; and,
- Ensure that deliverables meet all defined standards of quality and effectiveness while providing continuity throughout the end-to-end process.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience;
- Solid design skills and forward-thinking (“agile”).;
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, Lectora, Captivate - strong understanding required;
- Experience designing training and conducting needs analysis;
- Experience with blended learning approaches;
- Experience developing e-learning material;
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP);
- FI experience from a learning perspective;
- Able to juggle multiple demands and bring some creativity to a project;
- Comfortable with quick scrums and brainstorming and not your typical ‘waterfall’ approach to designing a solution.;
- Ability to weed through ambiguous information - ask the correct questions;
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.;
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time;
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, and leadership technique;
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods;
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and,
- Willing to travel.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.