Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Scarborough, ON to start immediately.
This Project Manager will be tasked with working on a database migration project that is currently in flight. This resource will be tasked with working closely with the development team and DBAs to ensure the migration is done with no interruption of service or distortion of data.
This candidate will be working on an initiative already in flight- as a result the bulk of project design has already been established. This can be a good opportunity for a more junior resource to jump in and begin to implement without needing to worry about the inception and creation of these preliminary plans.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Work with teams of developers and DBA’s to ensure timely delivery;
- Managing project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics;
- Budgeting, forecasting and Project Reporting Platform such as Clarity;
- Identify issues and problems and generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis;
- Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals;
- Interacting with senior leadership, specifically STO’s;
- Create project documentation such as:
- Project charters
- Contingency plans
- Change requests;
- Liaise with STO’s to clarify project requirements and field potential points of pushback- this PM will work closely with stakeholders to determine:
- Who are the relevant stakeholders impacted by this migration?
- How will they use the database?
- Will service be interrupted?
- Has usability been impacted?
What we’re looking for:
- Five plus (5+) years of experience as a business PM working within a technology team/on a technology initiative;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to liaise with both stakeholders and STO’s effectively;
- Ability to work within tight time constraints;
- Proven track record of delivering projects within budget, on schedule and within scope;
- Previous experience in an FI;
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database is an asset;
- Experience working on database migration project; and,
- Background as a DBA or developer could be useful.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.