Eagle is currently seeking an Application Architect for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and guidance for mobile and web application development;
- Evaluating current services and application architecture, and recommend remedial actions where required;
- Working closely with Enterprise Architecture and Product Management to develop application roadmap;
- Translating vision, concept, and business requirements into a technical solution;
- Evaluating technical solutions that would solve key business problems;
- Leading and participating in producing deliverables, such as technical design and code development;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams on proof of concept and limited production roll-outs;
- Providing quality control on production implementations;
- Assessing new technology requests and their impact on the operational and strategic goals;
- Assisting Product Owners in obtaining development schedules and estimates pertaining to development and solution delivery;
- Assisting in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of architectural planning and deployments;
- Documenting technical decisions and application designs;
- Providing technical advice and guidance to management, operations, and project team members;
- Serving as point of contact for technical escalation to leadership and elevating delivery risks in a timely manner;
- Ensuring consistency with the technological vision and architectural quality;
- Ensuring compliance with standards and best practices governing design and development; and,
- Ensuring change management processes are followed.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Seven plus (7+) years’ experience in mobile and web application development;
- Two plus (2+) years in a leadership role, either as Technical Lead or Architect;
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles and design patterns;
- Demonstrated experience working within agile teams, in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience working on both front and back end application development;
- Experience working with various mobile and web technologies and frameworks, such as:
- ReactJS / React Native;
- Apache Cordova;
- ObjectiveC / Swift;
- Java / Kotlin;
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services;
- Strong understanding of microservice and API development;
- Strong understanding of cloud, and distributed architectures and well versed with code versioning tools such as Git, and CI tools, preferably Jenkins;
- Strong comprehension of operational requirements such as resilience, performance, availability;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, and issue resolution; and,
- Experience with QA / testing tools.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.