Senior Analyst – Risk infrastructure and reporting
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Analyst – Risk infrastructure and reporting and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Senior Analyst – Risk infrastructure and reporting, you will be responsible for:
- Understand, analyze and communicate the drivers, trends and for the firm’s trading business (and key sub-portfolios) and provide context therein with respect to changes in the market risk profile of the business;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the methodologies used for Value at Risk (VaR), Stress VaR, Specific Risk (SR), Stress Test scenario, Limit Monitoring, Sensitivity Analysis;
- Generate trends and reports daily for senior management, and communicate key/material changes to all stakeholders;
- Perform daily backtesting and VaR investigation;
- Provide timely accurate and complete market risk reporting and analysis, owning the end to end processes that facilitate this reporting stream;
- Participate in the implementation process to ensure proper and timely implementation of system enhancements;
- Consult with stakeholders to understand the line of business and/or risk objectives, translate business requirements into development tasks, and ensure alignment of priorities;
- Identify issues and propose and implement solutions;
- Ensure risk platforms used for risk capture are current and internally consistent;
- Assist in the documentation of procedures, control processes, and policies relevant to internal controls;
- Engage with end-user groups to provide support as needed;
- Interact with the technical support team and other Market Risk teams to work with the stress testing, reporting, and enhancements; and,
- Other risk operations duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- One (1) to three (3) years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution - Capital Markets exposure and/or Middle Office;
- Good understanding of financial markets and trading businesses, both exchange-traded and over the counter markets;
- Experience with SQL database querying;
- Experience with Excel VBA (Visual Basic);
- Sound knowledge of traded products including derivatives and their associated risks;
- University degree - preference for math, finance, engineering or computer science;
- Strong Communication Skills, both verbal and written;
- Familiar with VaR and Stress Testing;
- Requirements Gathering;
- CFA, FRM or other related professional qualifications;
- Good organization skills including planning, scheduling, coordinating resources, managing;
- priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Self-driven, highly motivated and fast learning individual;
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills with a solution-oriented attitude;
- Good relationship management skills; and,
- Broad understanding and experience with risk management methodologies.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.