Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Senior WordPress Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior WordPress Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in June.
The Senior WordPress Specialists will be key members of the team supporting the development efforts required to address existing accessibility issues on the WordPress platform and developing new enhancements to support the newly redesigned website.
As the Senior WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with other members of the team, assist with the development of the architecture and design for the WordPress deployment using Amazon Web Services;
- Sustainment of the WordPress application required to support the newly redesigned website;
- Development of new enhancements and functionality for the WordPress platform required to support the newly redesigned website;
- Assist with the development of a WCM application support model;
- Perform knowledge transfer to staff;
- Assisting with the continued development of the architecture for the WordPress deployment;
- WordPress installation & configuration guide; and,
- Development of WordPress enhancements required to support the newly redesigned site.
What we’re looking for:
- Ten plus (10+) years of overall experience in website development, production and maintenance, and public facing web development;
- Three plus (3+) years' experience installing and configuring WordPress version 4.x on Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Significant hands-on experience developing WordPress based websites, using WordPress versions 4.x, including full stack development and being proficient with WordPress's features, themes, and plugins. Hands on experience with WordPress Calypso, Node and React is an asset;
- Three plus (3+) years' experience administering WordPress deployments, including the provision of technical support and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Preference is given to those with experience of WordPress development for government agencies.;
- Understand what it takes to develop websites that are cross-browser and standards compliant, and meet accessibility requirements;
- Hands-on experience using Amazon Web Services;
- Proficient using and developing RESTful APIs;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills; and,
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.