Eagle is currently seeking a Data Scientist. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing mathematical projections of system load and code efficiency;
- Developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning models using Apache Spark;
- Supporting the migration of legacy models to a new big data environment;
- Acting as a subject matter expert for development teams building the big data platform ensuring optimal performance of algorithms;
- Designing and implementing an effective algorithm to monitor risk for assets on company’s network;
- Integrating and tuning third party machine learning models; and,
- Supporting the architecture team in reviewing and selecting new tools and hardware to improve the big data platform.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingual in both French and English;
- Master’s Degree or higher in Data Science or equivalent work experience;
- Proven track record of developing effective and efficient machine learning models;
- Experience with of Apache Spark and the Hadoop software suite;
- Ability to code data mining algorithms and scripts in Python, R, Scala, or similar;
- Experience working with streaming data sets;
- Experience with security information and event management tools such as SIEM tools, and vulnerability analysis tools;
- Ability to define, write and test SIEM Usecases;
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and identify points for improvement or optimization;
- Understanding of the security measures and controls for operating systems and application protection systems such as Web, Mobile Apps, Cloud Apps, and Internal Apps;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and very detail oriented;
- Skilled thinker, proactive, team-player highly resourceful and detail oriented;
- Able to communicate effectively the results, by following agile methodologies; and,
- Engineering or DevOps experience a plus.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.