Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Data Governance Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Data Governance Lead and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
The mandate of the role is to establish, implement and manage data governance and data management standards, policies, procedures and processes for Metadata and Data Quality Management. This role will collaborate with multiple stakeholders within Business and Technology to ensure that Data Governance policies and standards are comprehensive and add value to existing processes.
This role will monitor adherence to data policies across the organization to ensure the availability of high-quality data, consultative and subject matter expertise, ensuring all users of data understand policies, procedures, and standards.
As the Data Governance Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Providing business and data requirements for enterprise-wide data quality monitoring and help in creating requirements documentation by collaborating with Technology and Enterprise-wide teams;
- Develop, implement and manage EMDO policies, processes, and standards for enterprise-wide data aggregation;
- Recommending data quality standard improvements to enhance resulting data including but not limited to origination, performance/servicing, write-off, collections and recovery;
- Assessing the data quality of all data assessment and monitoring data quality health using enterprise reporting solution;
- Interfacing with senior management and contributing to ongoing data quality improvement initiatives;
- Support data governance and data quality initiatives particularly for the integration of new data sources, reconciliation efforts as well as prescribing requirements of user/business acceptance testing;
- Collaborating with other stakeholders and Technology to ensure that the data policies, procedures, standards/processes are consistent where possible and align with enterprise standards;
- Supports all internal and external regulatory reviews, and manage deliverables as a result of review findings. The incumbent plays a critical role in driving risk process enhancement efforts to increase efficiency, including process automation and optimize;
- Collaborate with SME’s from various key functions to develop definitions for all data;
- Ensure that agreed data definitions and business rules are up to date in order to ensure accuracy of data inputs and reporting.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience and knowledge of data governance experience in working cross-functionally within an environment of multiple data repositories, multi-systems, multi-architecture, multi-vendor, and multi-business lines.;
- Experience in supporting enterprise-wide data governance program including measuring / monitoring data quality, recommending improvements in data management processes and technology solutions to ensure user/regulatory requirements are met;
- University degree in a related field, extensive experience in financial services and information technology;
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment;
- Cooperative entrepreneurial team player with mature judgment, strong interpersonal skills and original approaches to problem resolution;
- Deals with ambiguity and is exceptionally adaptable and flexible;
- Managing complex relationships to promote acceptance and implementation of new, revised and unique services where roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities are not clearly defined or understood;
- Delivering to the information needs of senior and executive management who often require timely analysis;
- The high degree of flexibility and creativity required to be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment and to develop and adapt processes to meet such changes;
- Experience in defining/implementing remediation processes to support data quality improvement initiatives.;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written/verbal), teamwork and consensus building skills;
- Excellent skills in leadership, project management, time management, analysis & process design, mentoring and coaching;
- Leadership ability to make decisions involving uncertainty using logic, thereby formulating a clear rationale based on available information, exercise sound, and accurate judgment, support, and explain the reasoning for decisions and recommendations;
- 10+ years of banking/financial experience;
- 5+ years of data management/governance experience;
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience converting complex subjects into layman’s terms;
- Experience working with senior management teams;
- Detail oriented and have strong attention to detail;
- Collaborative, team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.