Business Analysts (2)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for two (2) Business Analysts and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in June.
As Business Analysts, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Manager – Business Architecture, and taking day-to-day direction from the Wheel-Trans Project Manager, the Business Analysts will be responsible for:
- Documenting current state processes including inefficiencies metrics (cost, time, etc.); process benchmarking when appropriate;
- Assessing the current state of the business, identifying and documenting process gaps and making recommendations on future state improvements to business processes and systems;
- Performing detailed business requirements and business process analysis in support of the solution strategies and business cases;
- Working with SMEs and conducting requirements gathering/elicitation; performing business analysis to identify a business solution;
- Documenting business and technical requirements based on identified gaps and improvements;
- Developing functional, non-functional and technical specifications;
- Producing documentation including business/functional and non-functional requirements and specifications, end-to-end business scenarios, user stories and tracking information within the MR4TFS application and SharePoint, as applicable;
- Facilitating the RFP process, liaising with SME and IT architects to write the key elements of the business and technical portions of the RFP, evaluating RFP response and communicating with Procurement staff;
- Working with IT architects, technical leads and quality assurance analysts to evaluate vendor solutions that include hardware/software deliverable, configuration management, documentation, change management and implementation plan and ensure that the sole;
- Working with others, i.e. other relevant Business Analysts and Solution Architects, for opportunity assessments, business cases, preparing requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations, as necessary;
- Organizing and/or providing training on the use of deliverables, along with the development of training materials;
- Creating and delivering formal presentations to senior management, alongside necessary project documentation for project stakeholders, developing meeting objectives and agendas and taking meeting minutes as required;
- Providing updates to Project Manager regarding overall BA activities progress, reported business issues, defects, and the progress of resolutions;
- This is a hands-on position where the candidate will be the ultimate person accountable for the final solutions and deliverables as listed above;
- Other project duties as assigned;
- Willing and able to provide off-hours support to meet project training and production support needs for shift workers; and,
- Some operations work in industrial environments in 3 shifts, 7 days per week across the GTA with occasional on-site visit and meeting may be required in different locations and shifts. The candidates must be able to accept the required travel within GTA and comply with OHSA and the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Computing Engineering or Science, or related relevant discipline;
- Minimum eight (8) years of business consulting experience;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a business and/or process analyst;
- Experience with and completion of Business Intelligence – Reporting and Analytics projects – and/or – Experience with and completion of AVL/CAD and IVR projects;
- Experience with transit central dispatch systems, onboard dispatch systems and/or strong familiarity and understanding of dispatch domain;
- Demonstrable experience engaging with stakeholders from different areas of the business; Experience in dealing with complex business problems, identifying business/functional requirements, user stories and recommending how to best support them through pro;
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing and ability to manage and influence stakeholders; Strong ability to sell recommendations and solutions by stating advantages and value in business terms;
- Experience in process analysis, modeling, and future-state design in a complex and agile-driven environment;
- Familiarity and understanding of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analysis and performance measurement;
- Demonstrable experience facilitating RFP process, drafting procurement documents including technical and functional requirements and specifications;
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of MS Office tools;
- Real world experience utilizing a major process optimization framework such as Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc. is an asset; Experience with formal process notation such as BPMN-2.0 is an asset;
- CBAP, PBA and/or PMP certification(s) is an asset;
- Public Service and Transit experience is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.