Junior Project Manager
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Junior Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in June.
As the Junior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Support the timely completion of the Electronic Filing and Web-Based Disclosure for Automated Enforcement Charges project by applying established project management tools and methodologies;
- Planning, managing, leading, and monitoring all activities that are required to drive implementation of the project and application realizations;
- Proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate;
- Establishing and facilitating project governance to ensure project success;
- Communicating and presenting to stakeholders and Senior Management on the project;
- Coordinating the project and its interdependencies;
- Managing and resolving any project-related risks;
- Maintaining overall integrity and coherence of the project;
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to the project team, with the support of the Policy, Planning & Project Advisor;
- Engaging thoughtfully, collaboratively, and diplomatically with various IT and Business teams across the various departments to identify the right support that is needed to drive project implementation;
- Ensuring the delivery of outputs or services by the project team to meet requirements, are in line with the project charter and work-schedule, with the appropriate level of quality and timeliness;
- Facilitating the development of the project charter and work breakdown structure with input and approval of stakeholders and the sponsor/champion;
- Managing the work breakdown structure and ensuring the outcomes being delivered are aligned with it;
- Managing the performance of the project team and ensuring that work is delivered according to a consistent framework and practice;
- Maximizing the efficient allocation of resources and skills within the project;
- Managing communications with stakeholders and the champion/sponsor;
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise;
- Reporting progress of the project at regular intervals to stakeholders and the sponsors/champions;
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary;
- Direct, manage and motivate the project team;
- Develop and maintain an agreed project plan and detailed stage plans and, Understand and apply business case and risk management processes;
- Tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances and, build and maintain effective communications with other roles involved in the project; and,
- Other duties as needed to fulfill the overall goals of the organization and project.
What we’re looking for:
- Three plus (3+) years of progressive project management experience within large organizations with a track record of delivering projects to completion. Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset;
- Three plus (3+) years' demonstrated experience executing public sector projects with a focus on application rationalization and/or technology consolidation efforts is preferred;
- Three plus (3+) years' demonstrated experience with producing user-friendly slide decks and successfully delivering Executive-level presentations to diverse audiences using simple business language;
- Three plus (3+) years' demonstrated experience successfully building partnerships with key stakeholders in order to achieve project results Technical Abilities;
- Proficiency with project management tools (such as MS Project and MS Office Suite) to produce realistic and clear project plans, work breakdown structures, resource plans, and relevant project artifacts; and,
- Knowledge of municipal policies and practices including the provision of information and technology services.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.