Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Enterprise Technology Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Enterprise Technology Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Enterprise Technology Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Utilizes relevant technology roadmaps, reference architectures and technology/infrastructure related policies and standards to be used by solution designers/infrastructure specialists for both project and operational work;
- Maintains organization-wide technology/infrastructure architecture designs and standards in alignment with the corporate technological vision and direction;
- Identifies, designs and develops enterprise-wide technology/infrastructure architecture artifacts that meet the evolving business, customer service, operational, applications, risk and compliance requirements;
- Subject Matter Expert in technology/infrastructure architecture, developing and maintaining enterprise technology/infrastructure architecture with expertise in cloud computing services;
- Enables reuses patterns in the technology/infrastructure architecture and develops scalable multi-user architecture;
- Documents scalable multi-use policies and standards that are compliant with the enterprise architecture and design documentation to be referenced by technology/infrastructure specialists in particular cloud computing-related IT policies and standards;
- Providing architectural support and guidance for new applications and applications that require migration/transition to the cloud;
- Identifies implementation risks and analyses of the potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives;
- Analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on technology/infrastructure architectures;
- Provides expert technical leadership in the development of organization-wide strategic directions for I&IT architecture, standards, principles, best practices;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to key business and technology partners as it pertains to the organization's cloud strategies;
- Delivers architectural alternatives, recommendation documents and architecture blueprint documents to senior management and stakeholders for approval;
- Provides advice to clients regarding technology/infrastructure technologies, technology risk assessments, and project issues; and,
- Educate IT management, business users, architecture peers, and technology specialists on technology/infrastructure architecture and technology trends including conducting information and learning sessions to promote the enterprise Technology Architecture.
What we’re looking for:
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent;
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years’ progressively senior experience in Information Technology with a solid background in technology and/or infrastructure architecture planning, design, development, and implementation;
- Two (2) three (3) years’ of experience with cloud computing or experience with traditional enterprise data center technologies;
- A minimum eight (8) years of technology and/or infrastructure architecture/solution design experience, ideally within the public sector environment;
- Demonstrated experience building out technology reference models, technology-related strategies including cloud strategies, target state and/or reference architectures, technology roadmaps and IT standards and policies;
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform; professional certifications in cloud technologies considered an asset;
- Proficiency in all cloud service models: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS;
- Familiarity with virtual networking, storage, firewalls, virtual servers, and tiered application environments;
- Well versed in agile development, DevOps methodologies, automation practices, and microservices architecture;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, FEA) and ability to adapt and develop hybrid applications of methodologies to meet the organization’s needs;
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) to explain technical concepts to non-technical people including senior business and I&IT leadership;
- Strong written communication skills to prepare documentation, including but not limited to, reports, reviews, assessments and position papers; presentation skills to present information and findings, options and recommendations to senior officials and man;
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize; and,
- Ability to plan, set priorities, schedule and manage enterprise architecture projects as well as personal and team deliverables; strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective priority.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.