Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Application Support Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Application Support Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in downtown, Toronto to start immediately.
The successful candidate will be doing a combination of Business Analysis and Quality Assurance type work to support an app migration to a new code base. They will be analyzing the client flow currently in production, determine how the systems will react to various marketplaces, and determine the impact on the business. They will also be responsible for testing, gap analysis, and then solutions development to address those gaps.
As the Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the bank’s clients to advise and onboard them using the FIX protocol to trade electronically with our various service offerings;
- Working with Exchanges, Brokers ATS for connecting to their Order Entry / Trading systems;
- Delivering high quality, professional service to the bank’s clients throughout the certification process, ensuring their needs are fully understood and to provide clear communication throughout; and,
- Ensuring the bank meets its technical (FIX messaging) and regulatory obligations relating to testing electronic order flow.
What we’re looking for:
- Five plus (5+) years of experience relevant roles;
- Experience with Equity Markets;
- Experience with FIX Protocol 4.0, 4.2, 4.4 and 5.0 with an understanding of repeating group logic.;
- Strong understanding of FIX protocol as it pertains to the below:
- Algorithms – Testing/Certifications logic for ALGO trading;
- High touch desks – OMS and Portfolio trading connectivity and certifications;
- Low/No touch EMA/DMA trading;
- SOR (Smart Order Router) proprietary with connectivity to exchanges;
- Cert and connectivity to exchange and third-party;
- Futures/Options trading;
- MID office FIX certifications such as allocations and confirms;
- STP and DC FIX setup for back office and reconciliation;
- FIX cert to ECN and LPs;
- Working knowledge of UNIX environments including relevant commands for navigating Unix servers and creating/editing files;
- Knowledge of SQL commands for inserting and updating databases and building complex select statements;
- Experience with the technical implementation of SOR (Smart Order Router) would be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and,
- Problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.