Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 4-month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start in June.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Exploring and documenting the current state of IT systems, applications, and infrastructure, as well as the business processes they support;
- Gathering business solution options in collaboration with IT enterprise and technical architecture resources;
- Preparing business requirements documents including current gaps against best practices, and future state needs that can be prioritized;
- Documenting and analyzing business processes and business requirements and ensure that the delivered solution meets business needs; and,
- Identifying opportunities for business improvements and opportunities to realize efficiencies.
- Weekly or bi-weekly planning/review client meeting
- Prioritize and update project backlog with stakeholders
- Assist on testing related duties for quality assurance and ensure acceptance criteria are met
- Working closely with quality assurance team to ensure the development and testing effort are aligned with the project objectives
What we’re looking for:
- University or College degree with five plus (+) years of related field experience;
- The ability to gather requirements and facilitate consensus from a large and diverse set of stakeholders;
- The ability to asses systems and data requirements from different sources and applications used by the stakeholders;
- Broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems and defining new opportunities;
- The ability to analyze and clarify business needs, going above and beyond the role of a “note taker”;
- The ability to ask probing questions and differentiate business requirements from “solution” requests;
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel);
- Experience working with multiple business units;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; and,
- Experience working in finance or insurance industries considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.