Wireless Technology Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Wireless Technology Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in June.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – SIM Technology and Strategy in the Wireless Technology Products organization, the successful candidate will be responsible for
As the Wireless Technology Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Design, implementation, integration, and testing of Entitlement and SIM/eSIM enabler platforms, solutions and features
- Define solution requirements with Services Development and marketing organizations based on the business plans and opportunities;
- Define technical requirements on platforms with different technology stakeholders;
- Develop & manage the relationship with technology suppliers/partners on development, implementation and support activities;
- Execute the development, implementation, and acceptance of end-to-end solutions with other technology and business stakeholders;
- Act as a key interface between business and technology organizations on development, implementation and support activities;
- Automation of testing solutions in support of feature introduction on platforms;
- Operations of Entitlement/SIM enabler platforms, including establishment/monitoring of platform metrics, support for maintenance activities, troubleshooting /resolution of issues as required;
- Development and ongoing enhancement of operational tools and processes;
- Support the deployment and operations activities in a DevOps environment; and,
- Other contributions to the organization as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience, preferably in the Wireless communications area;
- Computer programming background, with experience and demonstrated competency, including familiarity with Linux, Java, Ruby, Python, HTTP, REST;
- Experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing and troubleshooting of software solutions;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with different business and technology stakeholders;
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation;
- Knowledge and experience in Agile, Scrum and DevOps environment;
- A team player and willing to show initiative;
- A quick learner and able to move into new technologies quickly;
- Aptitude to understand Industry Standards and Emerging Technologies such as eUICC/eSIM, 5G, OpenStack, etc.;
- Embrace the continuous improvement mindset;
- Previous experience on solution development and introduction in mobile networks;
- Knowledge of Mobility’s network infrastructure and technologies;
- Knowledge and experience of software development on Microservices, OpenStack architecture; and,
- Experience with database/search technologies such as Couchbase, Elastisearch, and Splunk.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.