Network Engineer II - Alcatel-Nokia
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Network Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Chatham, ON to start in June.
As a member of the TIS Network Services team, the Network Planning Specialist is responsible for the development, delivery, ongoing maintenance, and optimization of business-critical, integrated enterprise-wide infrastructure including LAN, WAN, wireless, etc.
As the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership to complex telecom and network-based technical projects initiated from the business or internally to TIS;
- Manage all technical aspects of assigned projects, including project charters, stakeholder engagement, design, resource and cost allocation, implementation and delivery, sustainment and project closure;
- Develop and implement enterprise IT strategies and strategic direction to provide superior business support to supported business groups;
- Drive strategic planning initiatives related to the Information Technology department.
- Responsible for Technology Design, Standards and Roadmaps;
- Provide leadership at an enterprise level on technology specific councils;
- Business Unit Support and Relationship Building;
- Lead problem resolution activities in resolving escalated incidents from operations teams or other TIS support groups in a timely manner;
- Understand and align with client customers’ requirements;
- Manage customers’ needs through timely and efficient completion of project deliverables;
- Build a knowledge base of each customers business, systems, and objectives;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction;
- Provide direction to effectively manage customers’ needs;
- Provide input and proactive support regarding the development and/or selection of third-party computer-based applications;
- Work with junior staff to document system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Hold regular status meetings with project teams;
- Manage software installations, conversions and/or upgrades within specified budgets and schedules;
- Meet with vendors, customers, and direct reports on problem diagnosis, resolution, and application updates;
- Provide operational oversight of IT projects and work requests for supported Enbridge businesses;
- Communicate and contributing to change advisory board (CAB);
- Recommend areas of improvement in internal processes and provide possible solutions; and,
- Create, review, comply with and help to enforce standard policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- Related University degree or a two-year technical diploma;
- Seven plus (7+) years of enterprise network engineering experience;
- Extensive experience with load-balancers, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, and Firewalls and other security devices;
- Expert knowledge of multicast and unicast routing and switching protocols;
- Expert level understanding of complex campus LAN wired/wireless infrastructure design, as well as Voice and Video technologies;
- Excellent understanding of networked applications and be able to analyze application flows for a variety of common enterprise applications;
- Extensive experience with various telemetry transport technologies, including MPLS, VPN and Satellite;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to achieve results through working with a large group of peers in related functions;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required;
- Self-starter, assume additional responsibility without being asked;
- Skills and experience in related disciplines such as Project Management, Change Management, and Operations Management;
- Passport required for occasional travel between the US and Canada;
- Cisco Certification is preferred but not a requirement;
- Deep experience with Alcatel and Nokia radio and routing platform would be a key skill Enbridge is targeting;
- Architectural and hands-on experience with Cloud would be an asset;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.