Core Data Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Core Data Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in June.
Reporting to the Manager, Wireless Core Data Services, the successful candidate will function in a team consisting of highly skilled engineers responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and 2nd level operational support of the wireless data network platforms.
As the Core Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Design, maintain, operate wireless packet core network with the “Best Network” objectives in mind;
- A complete change and implementation activity on network elements, changing resource/ connectivity allocations and verifying successful network integration of any changes;
- Monitor health/status of HSPA (GGSN, SGSN, GPRS DNS), LTE (MME, PGW, SGW), VoWIFI (AAA, EPDG) network elements, react to alarms and perform corrective actions as necessary;
- Working experience-deploying NFVs in an IaaS OpenStack environment;
- CCNA to CCNP level IP networking skills, facilitating monitoring, verification, and troubleshooting of connectivity between core data network elements, resource allocations, and mobile data call path from RAN to target destinations;
- Innovate new and creative solutions to improve the way we work and deliver our projects;
- Develop solutions to automate repetitive tasks and improve working efficiency within the team; and,
- Some night shift work and weekend/holiday coverage will be required for maintenance window implementations and operational support.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, or Engineering;
- Practical knowledge with DevOps tools and programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, Go, Ansible, Git;
- Experience working with cloud computing platform such as OpenStack;
- Understanding or experience of Agile, Lean, DevOps, adaptive working environment;
- Understanding of 3GPP and IP networking protocols;
- Experience working on Linux operating system such as Ubuntu, Red Hat;
- Ability to work and adapt in a continuously changing work environment;
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills with a passion to see the work through the eyes of the customer;
- Understanding of UMTS/HSPA/LTE/IMS/5G core network architecture;
- Bilingual (French/English) would be a definite asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.