Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for two (2) Java Developers and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 7-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As Java Developers, you will be responsible for:
- Create and maintain global applications and services to be used by other development teams;
- Have a working knowledge of Git (and ideally of GitHub);
- Exposure to the cutting edge by working in AWS and Heroku, exposure to React, Go, Solo with Cassandra databases;
- Engage in half-day Sprint Planning working sessions, where all members of the team meet to discuss any existing issues, how to technically approach new upcoming work and do task time/effort estimation;
- Attend and contribute to daily morning SCRUM stand-up meetings where each team member is expected to informally verbalize the current state of tasks being worked on;
- Use the internal JIRA bug tracking system and the HipChat messaging system to detail a proposed technical solution to business ask, and discuss tasks/bugs with other team members;
- Demonstrate the details of your work (at a high-level) to your team members and outside project stakeholders in regular Sprint Demo sessions;
- Take part in regular peer code reviews with fellow development team members;
- Cultivate interactive relationships with product owners, ad technology and analytics teams to continually improve understanding of overall business objectives, identify opportunities and understand how digital goals can be maximized;
- Provide input into the effectiveness of agile development practices and processes to managers and directors; and,
- Monitor overall site stability and performance goals, identifying areas of concern to be examined or escalated upon as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in the field of web development;
- Significant experience in the development and maintenance of WordPress (PHP) themes and plug-ins;
- Experience with current development workflows and tools (SASS, Git);
- Excellent understanding of business objectives for digital media;
- Ability to confidently self-direct and work on a team with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in code reviews and in providing constructive feedback to the team; and,
- Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines.
- HTML (5), JAVA SCRIPT (5), SQL (5), CSS (5)
- JAVA (5), PYTHON (5).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.