Service Desk Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Service Desk Analyst. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Serving as first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email;
- Recording events, problems and their resolution in the ticketing system;
- Setting up and maintening of PCs, laptops and software for clients;
- Responding to queries either in person or over the phone within SLA;
- Responding to email messages for customers seeking help with SLA;
- Performing remote troubleshooting;
- Walking customer through problem solving process;
- Running diagnostics to resolve problems;
- Resolving technical problems with LAN and other systems;
- Following up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved;
- Running reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur;
- Providing daily support and maintenance of proprietary and third party business applications;
- Participating in "on-call & support rotation for after-hours assistance;
- Generating technical documentation for both peers and users;
- Directing unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
- Defining and escalating non-desktop issues to specialist teams;
- Passing on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team;
- Identifying and suggesting possible improvements on procedures;
- Providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software;
- Responding to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution;
- Providing technical support for Trading and Market Data Systems in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. IT Help Desk; and,
- Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolve end user help requests.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three (3) years of proven experience as a Service Desk Technician;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work on an On Call Rotation basis;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Effective communication skills to be utilized in follow-up with user community and other IT professionals;
- Pleasant demeanor and phone skills that include friendliness, enthusiasm, and excellent follow through for support incidents.
- Desire to recognize and explore new learning opportunities;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Skill in working in fast-paced, stressful environments;
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands;
- Strong understanding of Windows 7 and Windows 10;
- Experience troubleshooting PCs, laptops, office printers, PDA and peripherals;
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP, Active Directory, Windows Domains and Networking fundamentals;
- Ability to work weekends or holidays on special projects when required;
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (2010, 2013, 2016) required changes in processes and documentation;
- Experience with Trading and Market Data Systems in Bloomberg, Thomson One and Fidessa (an asset); and,
- Experience with MAC systems (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.