Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Middleware Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing application support for multiple applications within Shared Services (Middleware), including Websphere MQ (messaging) and NTTData Unikix (mainframe emulation) and other middleware products including LRS (PageCenterX, VPSX), Terminal Emulation (Rumba, Flynet, HOD) and Operational Decision Manager and others;
- Participating in providing 7x24 application systems support for Shared Services (Middleware) applications;
- Monitoring application health and availability checks for all Shared Services (Middleware) applications, taking corrective actions to maintain health, availability, and maintain capacity;
- Participating in Business Continuity services for Disaster Recovery;
- Providing real time problem determination for all dependent business applications. Analyze dumps, traces, performance and logs in order to determine root cause of specific problems;
- Ensuring Shared Services (Middleware) contracts are current;
- Performing restores for Business Partners as required;
- Liaison with Business Partners and vendor support as required;
- Participating in and providing cross training with other members of Shared Services (Middleware) Team;
- Monitoring Middleware Services, taking corrective actions to ensure correctness, stability, and appropriate metrics and service levels are maintained and adhered to;
- Coordinating and facilitating test plans and ensuring all test cases are successfully completed and documented and that the solution is ready for release into a production environment;
- Developing or participating in application upgrades, patching, and hotfix installations; and,
- Participating with Business Partners representing Middleware Services as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University degree, College, or Technical diploma in relevant Information Technology major;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience supporting major Linux/Unix business applications;
- Experience with a variety of application or technical applications (certifications or equivalent experience is desirable);
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and oral skills to respond to internal and external requests;
- Good organizational and planning skills, results oriented;
- Excellent customer services skills, communications, team work, and follow-up skills; and,
- The ability and drive to develop a thorough technical understanding of Middleware Services applications, including functions, features, configurations, operations, and maintain appropriate documentation.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.