DevOps Automation Engineer
Eagle is currently seeking a DevOps Automation Engineer. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to provide a smooth service transition of scripts and automation tools to the IT Operations team;
- Automating core infrastructure components;
- Automating provisioning requests;
- Managing configuration and automation backlog; and,
- Enhancing automation and streamline.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure;
- Experience or strong familiarity with Ansible;
- Experience working with infrastructure as code and infrastructure as a service;
- Proficiency using scripting and development frameworks to drive automation;
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery platforms;
- Experience building automated build chains and pipelines;
- Experience integrating CI and CD platforms with 3rd party systems and cloud platforms;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and tools in a DevOps model;
- Experience in defining and implementing cross teams and standard methodologies and practices; user education and support;
- Ability to understand broad application and infrastructure architecture concepts and apply patterns to those that enable automation and development agility;
- Extensive experience working with open source frameworks and leveraging capabilities scaled by the community at large;
- Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control;
- ITIL foundations certification;
- Understanding of Agile delivery principles;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team;
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise;
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices;
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services;
- Understanding of Platform as a Service paradigms and hybrid deployment topology management;
- Adaptive to change and ability to quickly learn and apply concepts to business priorities; and,
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.