Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Junior Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in May.
As the Junior Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluate, test and qualify new Kodiak NG-PTT platform upgrade features and downloadable clients to meet aggressive timelines;
- Troubleshoot, log, document, track and assist the application vendor; Kodiak to resolve technical issues encountered during the NG-PTT Server platform qualification/validation process;
- Provide support to other members of the Bell NG-PTT team (network, products, IT, marketing, etc) on ongoing PTT service issues and project activity;
- Collaborate and provide support to platform, client and OEM vendors on various project and issue investigations;
- Think out of the box and beyond the traditional test cases to anticipate end user experience/situations.
What we’re looking for:
- B. Eng. /B. A. Sc. or Eng. Technology diploma or equivalent B.Sc. (Math, Comp Sci. etc.).;
- Knowledge of Wireless Telecom and a basic understanding of access technologies.;
- Scripting and Android/iOS development experience is a plus.;
- Experience with network capture and analysis tools (ex. Wireshark).;
- Knowledge of OSI model and networking concepts;
- Knowledge of IP Networking and Troubleshooting (Wireshark, routing / IPv4 & IPv6, load balancers, DNS, etc.);
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks concurrently with a strong commitment to execution.;
- Strong command of the English language – both written and oral.;
- Aptitude for quickly learning different vendor technologies and tools.;
- Valid driver’s license.;
- Familiar with these technologies: Push To Talk (OMA-PoC standard or equivalent), LTE/HSPA+, SIP signaling, IMS, SMS, Wi-Fi, OMA-DM/CP, FOTA, NFC, etc.;
- IP Networking (routing / IPv4 & IPv6 etc.);
- Linux OS;
- Familiar with mobile operating systems (Android, iOS);
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.