Scrum Master - Senior
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Scrum Master - Senior. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding our customers and identifying what is important to them in terms of business value;
- Facilitating the team and organization on how to use Agile;
- Facilitating the team towards self-organization;
- Assessing the agile maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving;
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work;
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution;
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and actively sharing information;
- Supporting and educating the product owner, especially with respect to backlog refinement and maintaining the product backlog; and,
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) years of relevant job experience;
- Scrum Master Certification;
- Additional agile certification is a plus such as CSPO, or Kanban;
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least five years for software development teams that were diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory;
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, and FDD;
- Previous experience and knowledge with Jira and Confluence with the ability how to develop valuable reports within Jira;
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques such as user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, Agile games;
- Previous experience as a team lead;
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills; and,
- Mendix experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.