Senior Business Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Business Analyst
- Understand strategic imperatives of the organization and conduct needs analysis through participation in strategic and tactical planning activities with business units within their portfolio;
- Work with IS Architects to define architecture required to support the strategy and roadmap of business units within their portfolio
- Identify and promote IS Services that can be leveraged to meet business needs and goals;
- Engage IS and Business Stakeholders to negotiate Service Level Objectives, priorities, and timelines that support the strategic and tactical priorities of the organization;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business units within their portfolio by conducting regular visits to discuss quality of IS Services and opportunities for improvement and/or additional services;
- Support the IS Efficiencies department by providing feedback loop to identify areas that should be assessed and improved;
- Promote and support the understanding and adoption of IS standards as they apply to business resources through dialog, education, and facilitating a feedback loop into IS for continuous improvement;
- Understand strategic imperatives of the organization, and ensure requirements are aligned with strategic and tactical goals;
- Understand and be proficient in a full range of techniques for Requirements Management, including planning, eliciting, validation and documentation;
- Demonstrate ability to select and utilize most effective approach for each requirement gathering assignment;
- Demonstrate ability to effectively gather and document requirements for complex initiatives and be accountable for the management and delivery of requirements on projects they are assigned to;
- Contribute to development of Requirements Management Strategy that includes tools, standards, templates, and processes that focus on efficient utilization of resources and continuous improvement;
- Facilitate cross-functional business requirement gathering sessions effectively, ensuring all stakeholders ‘needs are addressed and represented as appropriate;
- Mentor less experienced BA’s through peer review, developing competencies within the team and ensuring quality of deliverables meet department standards;
- Research and analyze appropriate information and data necessary to accurately and effectively document and validate requirements.
Skills and Qualifications of a Senior Business Analyst
- A minimum of eight to ten (8 – 10) years’ experience in a Business Analyst role with demonstrated ability to apply business analysis techniques to increasingly complex projects or initiatives;
- Experience with process modeling techniques and methodologies;
- Experience with all aspects of Requirements Management, with proven ability to oversee this process;
- Proven effectiveness in facilitation of senior and/or cross-functional groups;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of Visio, ARIS or other modeling tools desirable;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint desirable;
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is considered an asset;
- Previous experience in a business portfolio management role considered an asset;
- Post-secondary certification in Business Analysis strongly preferred, but combination of experience and education is also considered;
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with Commerce, IT, Finance or Business Administration;
- Business Analysis Citation or Certificate provided by International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA) endorsed education provider;
- Certified Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation is considered an asset but not required;
- Proven and extensive experience collaborating with multi partnership stakeholders and product teams to decompose large epic stories into features and user stories that can be understood and approved by all multi partner stakeholders and members of the development team;
- Requires a strong experience managing product backlogs, product roadmaps and providing product owner support to help the PO in prioritization and backlog grooming;
- Strong experience creating user stories and acceptance criteria to express requirements and understands the principles for user story sizing and splitting;
- Extensive experience working alongside and supporting the product owner role.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.