Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Scrum Master. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in May.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating the conditions for the team to frequently deliver high-user value and high-quality products;
- Allowing the team to self-organize, remove impediments, shield the team from outside distractions, and continuously promote and support the team’s use of Agile and Scrum;
- Focusing on developing a new and innovative solution for aggregating and displaying company information will be a facilitator who supports team members in applying Agile practices, processes, and behaviors for executing effectively and with quality; raises the performance of delivery teams through impediment management, continuous improvement, and ceremony facilitation;
- Supporting continuous delivery of top priority work;
- Adopting and consistently using of agile techniques, tools, and standard practices;
- Creating a positive working environment for teams to self-organize and raise performance;
- Promoting and supporting the use of Agile and Scrum;
- Coaching the team on Scrum and Agile theory, practices, rules, and values;
- Acting as a servant-leader for the Team by advising stakeholders on interacting effectively with an Agile team;
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible;
- Finding techniques for effective product backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the product owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understanding and practicing agility;
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving;
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work;
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Completed an undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce or Business Administration;
- Scrum Alliance or SAFe certification;
- Three (3) years’ experience as a dedicated Scrum Master;
- Advanced knowledge of the Agile principles and the Scrum Framework;
- Experience working in financial services, banking or insurance industries;
- Experience in software development; and,
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.