Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Network Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in North York, ON to start in May.
Enterprise Network Service provides an essential set of network and communication services to the Financial global community in support of business operations worldwide. The Solution Design Engineering (SDE) Team is accountable for developing and maintaining strategy and roadmaps for network technology domains as well as designing, engineering, communicating, and delivering complex and innovative end-to-end solutions, which facilitate our client's Financial business operations globally.
The Network Solution Design Engineer (SDE) operates under the general direction of the Director, Network Solution Design & Engineering and Supervision of the SDE Infrastructure Team Lead. He or She has the primary responsibility for the strategic development
As the Network Architect, you will be responsible for:
- This position will work closely with Peers in Solutions Design Engineering, Network Architecture, and Network Operations Engineering to maintain and evolve the aforementioned Solutions’ capabilities, functionalities, and the services they provide. Lifecycle management of hardware and software, components; including vulnerability and yearly upgrades for currency to run these services securely and effectively are this position’s responsibility as well;
- The Network Solution Design Engineer will be maintaining a healthy partnership with our vendors in collaboration with our Vendor Management peers in the Global Service Delivery Team. It is also this position’s responsibility to nurture and develop good relationships with client and peers both within and outside of Enterprise Network Services;
- This position provides 3rd level-escalation-support for Enterprise Network Services during critical and high severity issues. The successful candidate may be engaged by 2nd Level Operations Engineers during critical and high severity incidents for problem isolation and service restoration activities to ensure comprehensive business SLA/SLO are met; and,
- his position plays a key role in contributing to a concerted effort to mature the operationalization of a consolidated NPMD (Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics) and Data Analytics relative to the technology domains aforementioned above.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Microsoft Office, Project, Visio (Required);
- Focused Technical skillsets: • Nexus(NX-OS) • IOS_XE • NPOP • PfR • WAAS • Routing (BGP/OSPF) • QoS • Cloud Service direct connect;
- Vendor Certifications (Aruba, Cisco, Microsoft, Checkpoint, BlueCat, AWS, Azure, Cisco, or equivalent certifications);
- Other Professional and Industry Certifications (TOGAF, ITIL, CISSP, or equivalent work experience);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering design, administration, and management of large Wireless LAN Enterprise, Campus LAN, WAN, WaaS, QoS, VoIP/Video;
- Experience in developing and maintaining comprehensive network engineering documentation is mandatory;
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience on switching, routing, and tools of the trade for both Wireless and Wired Campus LAN, WAN;
- Programming, Coding, API (RESTFul/SOAP), Automation experience is an advantage that is nice to have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with other teams, remaining professional, positive and patient at all times;
- Prepares and presents service level updates and status reports on Projects, Network Statistics, Budgets, etc.;
- Ability to effectively interact with and communicate at all levels with our business partners and leadership;
- Leadership skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism with an ability to develop close relationships with team members in several locations globally;
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills;
- Advanced reasoning skills with the ability to define problems, evaluate trends in analytical data, establish facts, and draw supportable valid conclusions;
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with an established record of accomplishment of maintaining positive business relationships;
- Experience in creating & managing business requirements, business processes and operational standards and procedures;
- Excellent understanding of ITIL v3 process framework;
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines;
- Must be flexible, dependable and able to multi-task;
- Stay calm in high risk, high-pressure situations; and,
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.