Eagle is currently seeking a Software Developer (.Net/Java) for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of technology enhancements to a variety of application tools;
- Coding, testing, documenting, and delivering requested functionality changes or enhancements within established software development standards and processes;
- Diagnosing, isolating, and debugging software problems and perform problem resolutions;
- Providing functional support for applications as needed;
- Support of business and incident resolutions within determined Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Participating in project implementations, post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning;
- Ensuring that systems are developed which meet business requirements and for functionality, quality, stability, and sustainability;
- Ensuring the operating efficiency of existing application systems;
- Assisting in influencing decisions regarding policies and procedures, research, planning, and development activities;
- Resolving systemic issues and ensure completion of root cause analysis;
- Leading or participating in cross functional teams involved in issue resolution, ensure that internal -partners/stakeholders are kept advised of status;
- Clearly and concisely articulating technical issues and resolutions with varied business stakeholders;
- Writing technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.;
- Ensuring adherence to best practices for enhancements and support; ensure adoption and adherence to defined support processes (i.e. incident management, change management, etc.);
- Performing tasks within a complex decision-making and problem-solving environment, serve as a subject matter expert for the determination and recommendation of problem resolution and system enhancements, root-cause analysis, documentation and integration testing; and,
- Participation in a 24 X 7 on-call support rotation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in C#, .Net framework and Java;
- Interest or experience with mobile application development;
- Strong web application development, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills with the ability to work with multiple teams/integration-points in a large environment;
- Advanced SQL – modeling, advanced query writing, tuning/optimization of queries;
- Proficiency with Linux in both desktop and server environments;
- Experience with Spring Framework, Oracle Database, IBM MQ, Git
- Experience with Tomcat Application Server or similar;
- Experience with Technology-driven product development processes;
- Methodologies for effective delivery and support;
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple work assignments;
- The ability to resolve conflict and conflicting stakeholder interests;
- Experience working closely with the business to arrive at an optimal solution in terms of functionality, timelines, and implementation;
- The ability to communicate effectively with business and Information Services (IS) support teams;
- Experience in business area supported by the application portfolio valuable;
- Advanced analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving abilities;
- Willingness to accept responsibility for delivering solutions to complex issues; and,
- Willingness to be in an On-Call Rotation doing Application Support (24/7), taking ownership of incident resolution.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.