Strategic Sourcing Manager
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 3-month contract located in downtown, Toronto to start immediately.
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for:
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness – 40%
- Lead the development and execution of sourcing strategies (through e-sourcing tool) to achieve targeted savings and business objectives;
- Identify and support the implementation of new strategic and transactional opportunities through analyses of business needs, industries and supply markets, cost models, supplier spend, and the performance of key suppliers;
- Developing appropriate scenarios to supply the client /management with a viable range of options, where recommended strategies have a considerable impact on customer satisfaction and financial results;
- Develop/refresh sub-category profiles regularly using all quantitative elements (spend, contract analysis) and leveraging all qualitative inputs (business needs, supply market analysis, and demand strategies).
Risk Management and Control – 25%
- Provide guidance and counsel to business units to ensure effective risk management and control of OSR during the Supplier Engagement process;
- Liaise with internal groups in the identification of risks and controls as it relates to outsourcing and supplier engagements. Conducts risk oversight activities as defined in Supplier Engagement Management System (SEMS) and IAAP (Initiative Authorization and Approval Process) with business units where necessary, challenging the business unit on supplier selection decisions, and/or assessment and mitigation of outsourcing and supplier risks associated with contracts and supplier management practices; and,
- Mitigate audit exposures and maintain awareness of the regulatory impacts of change initiatives.
Client and Relationship Management – 15%
- Develop and deliver sourcing strategies and advisory services to achieve savings goals working directly with LOB business unit project, program and supplier managers, and maintain up-to-date knowledge on internal/external cost and demand management strategies for assigned sourcing categories and portfolios;
- Maintain, influence and deepen relationships with business units within assigned portfolios, while influencing supplier relationships to achieve business objectives, savings goals and supplier cost management strategies; and,
- Prepare and present reports associated with assigned portfolios to associated business units reporting on key metrics such as sourcing categories strategies, performance against savings and sourcing project goals, and key supplier risks in assigned portfolios.
Business Performance Management – 15%
- Continuously update Sourcing workflow (ARIBA), designated S&P reporting and SEMS for all initiatives to ensure accurately and up to date reporting on project progress and issues;
- Responsible for regular and accurate reporting on Project Milestones, Sourcing Savings, Key Wins, Key Initiatives, Category strategy execution, Effective Challenges and key events, controls and approvals in SEMS. Business planning involving monthly, quarterly and annual savings forecasts based on sourcing project, category strategies, business unit supplier spend, productivity and demand management strategies; and,
- Utilize performance measures (i.e. competitive event guidelines) to effectively evaluate the success of sourcing strategies.
Change and Innovation – 5%
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvement initiatives to increase knowledge sharing both within S&P and Procurement, and with Business Partners / Stakeholders;
- Supports / Liaises with the Process Lead for S&P to help improve operational methods and workflows, undertake feasibility studies and generate ideas for process re-design projects as well as continuous improvement of business processes and procedures, where possible, to reduce duplicative effort and improve the usage of collective knowledge; and,
- As called upon by leadership, serves as a member of Sourcing working groups to incorporate knowledge sharing as SSM and Contract Negotiator role changes are being considered.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate or related college diploma in a related discipline (BA, CPA, CGA, CMA, Supplier Chain Management Diploma or Certificate). MBA and/or Master’s degree is an asset;
- PMP certified is an asset;
- Experience in related strategic sourcing, supply chain and or Procurement work experience;
- Management Diploma or Certificate). MBA and/or Master’s degree is an asset;
- Other certifications that are an asset: Real estate certifications, PMP and/or other related professional certifications (e.g. Six Sigma);
- Strong project management, relationship management, negotiation, critical analysis and risk management skills;
- Financial Services, Financial or Cost Management experience with experience in savings methodologies (i.e. Cost Reduction, Cost Avoidance) and the financial treatment of same;
- In-depth understanding of the real estate industry, translating to Procurement and sourcing lens, in various categories (construction, furniture, and professional services, facilities management, security and safety, food;
- Working knowledge of sourcing and Procurement systems and applications (i.e. ARIBA, Coupa, Spotfire and Hiperos) as well as standard office tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office); and,
- Working independently with minimal supervision.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.