Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Application Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in downtown, Toronto to start immediately. The Senior C++ Developer supports the equity derivatives desks within Capital Markets. This encompasses functions within Front Office, Risk Management, Finance Accounting, and Operations. You will interact with senior developers, QA and business analysts to provide technical solutions. You will be responsible for leading projects from a technical perspective, work with others on the team to develop technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder requirements while demonstrating high levels of quality and productivity. The core functionality to be supported will be around Front office and risk functionality.
As the Application Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Develop Risk feeds pertaining to the Fundamental Review of Trading Book regulations and upload the risk data to strategic data stores where Enterprise level Risk analytics will be performed;
- Integrate derivative models and building risk reporting solutions in support of the derivative businesses;
- Lead development of software components and systems based on a technically sound design that complies with acceptable standards;
- Interface with Front Office and risk user groups to properly assess their needs and determine best technical solutions;
- Design and develop robust systems that minimize maintenance costs;
- Work independently to meet project deadlines, as well as coordinate efforts of others on the team is working to meet timely delivery schedules;
- Implement assigned tasks with minimal direction and proactively identify and resolve unassigned issues; and,
- Liaise with the author of requirements documents and functional specifications to clarify ambiguities.
- Design and implement libraries for a risk and trading platform based on Misys (now Finestra) Sophis Risque. Libraries are written in Visual C++ and to a lower extent C#, and Python.
- Implement new features/reports while improving the speed and the scalability of the platform.
- Develop reporting functionality; and,
- Will also interact with quality assurance, and support teams as well as business stakeholders (risk, trading, finance, operations, IT) to gather requirements and verify implementation.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 6 years of development experience in VC++/C++ within Windows/UNIX platforms;
- Bachelors degree in Science, Math, Information Technology or equivalent business knowledge;
- Knowledge of equity derivatives products and sensitivities they produce;
- Solid knowledge of SQL and database, with experience and a good understanding of database concepts (Oracle, Sybase and/or MS SQL);
- Experience developing global technology systems within capital markets;
- Excellent communication skills regarding both financial and non-financial information to effectively work with staff at various levels (oral and written);
- Experience in Python, C# or Perl;
- Working knowledge of messaging systems (Solace, MQ);
- Knowledge of grid computing (DataSynapse);
- Solid knowledge of XML parsing, DTD and schema; and,
- Positive attitude, supportive of other groups and team members.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.