Quality Assurance Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist for an eight (8) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Specialist
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans;
- Develop, document and execute automated test scripts and manual test cases to address business and technical use cases;
- Manage defects from identification to closure;
- Proactively communicate with developers and business to resolve issues or questions pertaining to test creation or test execution;
- Review and inspect work products like test strategies, requirements, designs, source code and various documents;
- Assist in defining and implementing software test guidelines and standards;
- Be an active participant in the overall team objectives and improvement initiatives;
- Work with project managers and Quality Control supervisor to set schedules, priorities and goals;
- Coordinate quality control related activities within multiple capital and operating projects;
- Work closely with other members of the Quality Control team to deliver quality control functions within the PCSLD and LP IT area.
Skills and Qualifications of a Quality Assurance Specialist
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of working experience in software development and/or performing quality control functions such as creating test plans and executing various levels of QC testing (unit, integration and system);
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience in a related field or industry;
- Experience with shell scripting and windows scripting;
- Practical experience and good understanding of buildservers, such as Jenkins;
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN or Git;
- Experience with test management and defect tracking tools such as TestRail and Jira;
- Experience in developing high quality test plans and test cases;
- Ability to accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules under changing conditions;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced development environment.
- Working knowledge of OASyS, RTAP, or Cygnet SCADA systems;
- Working experience in developing, integrating, maintaining or testing real-time pipeline applications or pipeline control systems;
- Experience with Python, C#, .NET, or Java will be a great asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.