Mainframe Systems Programmer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Mainframe Systems Programmer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 24-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in May.
As the Mainframe Systems Programmer, you will be responsible for:
- Implementation Plan;
- System / User Support Document;
- Presentations / Review Materials;
- Assist in providing system programming support for the following:
- IBM z13S mainframe;
- IBM DS8884;
- IBM 3592 tape drives;
- IBM 6400 printers;
- z/VM 6.2
- z/VSE 5.2 and 6.2
- Web programming;
- CMS Pipeline programs;
- Be available for on-call during off-hours (4 pm – 8 am weekdays, 24 hours weekends and holidays);
- Attend and provide input to project meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to details;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on z/VM, z/VSE operating systems;
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Business with IS background) or equivalent experience;
- Experience supporting mainframe software in the attached list;
- Experience web programming; and,
- Experience supporting systems in a corporate environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.