Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Systems Administrator and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start immediately.
We are looking for someone with diverse skills and some background in this space to carry out a broad range of operational service and support assignments. You'll join others in environment management, maintenance, monitoring, performance and incident management, as well as production support activities
As the Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Support applications and systems by meeting or exceeding standards and service levels while minimizing operational risk;
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to improve production environment stability;
- Provide effective, day-to-day applications and systems support: identify, assess, recommend, escalate, resolve, report, document, communicate;
- Provide quality service and solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements
- Effectively handle incident management for outages;
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options, and recommendations for prompt resolution;
- Dive into design, review, and integration of all application requirements like functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations;
- Identify, address application/data issues, cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity;
- Provide expertise to other functional areas (technology, trends, and processes);
- Join projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure, deploying new technologies, or optimizing the operational environment;
- Deploy base infrastructure components for all environments;
- May be involved in application deployment (“off the shelf” or in-house) and procurement;
- Follow change management procedures. ensure proper testing, sign-off, monitoring;
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor the environment's performance;
- Participate in disaster recovery planning (Define, Review, Test);
- Become a "big believer" in change management discipline;
- Adhere to existing processes and standards, business technology architecture, risk, and production capacity guidelines. plan, monitor and escalate issues as required;
- Share ideas to enhance revenue, customer experience, reduce costs; and,
- Get involved in business cases, RFI/RFP and service-level agreements.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate;
- Windows server administration (2008, 2012, 2016) - 3+ years;
- Web server administration (IIS, JAVA, Tomcat) - 3+ years;
- Certificate management (SSL) - 3 years; and,
- Available to work outside core business hours.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.