Spec Network Operations
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Spec Network Operations (F5) for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing support, implementation, monitoring, and configuration of Firewall, Load Balancer, VPN, DHCP, SIP, SNMP, ISP infrastructure in Canada and the U.S. in accordance with the client’s telecommunications strategy;
- Providing advanced technology consulting relating to F5 APM/LTM/GTM as well as fully enabled PaloAlto FW’s ;
- 7X24 operational support applicable infrastructure services, on-call 1 week out of 5 on average;
- Responding to service outages with timely corrective actions as required and takes overall accountability for all complex network services (F5/FW/DNS) related Severity 1/major business impacting outages. Consults with Network Architecture, Design, and Project teams as required in order to resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Developing and maintaining a consistent process and operational models to ensure timely maintenance of network services infrastructure;
- Understanding, analyzing, and evaluating service outages through troubleshooting and knowledge management. Collaborates with other internal/external service stakeholders for service-related issues and provides proactive Disaster Recovery;
- Participating in On-Call support of the network services infrastructure;
- Supporting the business in suggesting solutions to business problems;
- Working with the Telecom Architecture, Design, and Project teams to vet solutions and technology depending upon the size and scale of any new requirements or modifications;
- Leading/collaborating with Network Services vendors as required to ensure solutions are aligned with defined architecture and associated standards;
- Helping develop proof-of-concept models to demonstrate proposed architecture/design changes;
- Leading and/or participating in new service implementations; and,
- Creating documentation and guides users on how the various F5/Firewall/Internet services work and interact.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred or ten plus (10+) years of applicable experience;
- Cisco, Palo Alto and F5 certifications/experience;
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, F5, Infoblox, Sonus;
- In-depth knowledge with F5, Firewall and Internet services;
- Strong experience with enterprise F5 and Firewall implementations;
- Strong experience and proven ability to troubleshoot with end users and vendors on F5, Firewall and Internet services;
- Strong knowledge and ability to triage services issues and be able to proactively initiate restoration solutions;
- Experience and understanding of how network services infrastructure interact with Voice Networks;
- Specific in-depth knowledge of IP protocol conversion;
- Proficiency in information management concepts, information delivery architecture with extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN/Internet services;
- Cross-functional knowledge of how departments interact with one another;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with various levels of management;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management, staff, and customers;
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- The ability to adapt and overcome challenges;
- The ability to influence and persuade; and,
- A strong understanding of short and long-term security architecture strategies and designs.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.