Manager Technical Advisor
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Manager Technical Advisor and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Manager Technical Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- The Manager Technical Advisor is a pivotal role within the IT team that carries the accountability for delivery of complete end to end IT solutions:
- Provide technical leadership across all phases of project delivery from ideation through requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and post-deployment;
- Develop strong partnerships and relationships across the business, IT, and project teams;
- Drive the technical delivery of every release within the Corporate Systems, Employee Enablement program;
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Business Analyst, and Program Manager by providing technical guidance on solutions for new initiatives as well as technical leadership for the implementation of solutions and the resolution of production issues;
- Identify initiatives to continuously improve and enhance employee experience and help guide and shape new solutions based on new technologies;
- Ensure coherent end-to-end solution design aligned with corporate architectural vision;
- Ability to execute against multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment;
- Act as the liaison between the project team (BA, PM, etc.), vendors, and the various IT teams (Adaptive Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, Network, Security, etc.) to ensure that solutions align with standards as defined by the respective teams;
- Assist in the review of vendor Statements of Work and mandates in conjunction with the PM and provide recommendations regarding scope, costs, etc;
- Lead the hand-over activities to the production support team(s) e.g. knowledge transfer, the creation of production support documents, build books and run books;
- Leading in the resolution of technical issues through all phases of testing including system, SIT, UAT, Production;
- Responsible for planning of system performance & Stress testing and ensuring due diligence with respect to system performance;
- Review and sign off on deployment MOPs and resolution of technical issues with vendors during deployment; and,
- When required, establish a technical bridge for vendors to the group for issue resolution.
What we’re looking for:
- Understands IT applications, technology and demonstrates essential development and technical skills;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of telecommunications experience in a technical;
- A university degree in computer science, or engineering; or equivalent post-secondary education and/or work experience;
- Good knowledge of Windows operating system and related services (AD, LDAP, DNS, FTP,..), and applications and services interactions and behaviors in complex environments;
- Good understanding of IT security and related concepts and network fundamentals;
- Knowledge of Database Management systems;
- Experience in application deployment and management;
- Continuously grow and develop relationships between business sponsors, various IT teams, BA’s, PM’s, Brand, Corporate Communications, Bell Real Estate, and the development teams;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to listen, understand and respond both appropriately and effectively;
- Solid business acumen;
- Strong customer focus;
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and end to end business processes;
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities;
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and manage project expectations; and,
- Passion for delivering excellence, striving for continuous improvement and people development.
- Experience in IT development, testing, and lifecycle;
- Knowledge of My SQL or other DBMS;
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat, and HTML coding;
- Knowledge of employee tools and systems;
- My Reservation, My Recognition; and,
- Fileshare tools and Communications tools
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.