Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Database Administrator and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in downtown, Toronto to start immediately.
The Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
The ideal candidate will be someone coming with experience in a banking environment and directed Hadoop support and HBase before. Hadoop and HBase are mandatory. Also doing some DevOps support, doing the deployment to the environment.
As the Database Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Setup, maintain, upgrade and enhance the Hadoop, HBase and other components such as HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper, Hive, Spark2;
- Setup and maintain HBase replication between datacenters;
- Support and maintain Hadoop clusters in all environments;
- Troubleshoot any issue in Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Yarn; and,
- Capacity planning, cluster designing and deployment, system, and job troubleshooting, cluster performance tuning
What we’re looking for:
- Computer science diploma or degree or equivalent is required. Hadoop admin certification is an asset. Including HBase with a minimum of three (3) years of experience;
- Three or more years of Hadoop, HBase experience;
- Working experience on setup, migration and upgrade Hadoop/HBase system: 4 years;
- Good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks: 4 years;
- Proven track record with troubleshooting YARN jobs: 4 years;
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of HBase replication;
- Excellent knowledge or Linux/Unix OS: 5 years;
- Scripting knowledge (Python/Perl/Shell) to automate tasks;
- Java development knowledge or experience;
- Working experience of automation tools such as Salt, Ansible;
- CI/CD pipeline experience with Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, and Gradle; and,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.