SAP Functional Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking an SAP Functional Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the Development and Support of SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) and SAP Event Management (SAP EM);
- Applying a variety of techniques to elicit and gather business and user requirements from stakeholders;
- Understanding business issues and opportunities. Analyzing and defining both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes and perform gap analysis;
- Coordinating diverse groups who contribute to business requirements and build consensus for requirements across the various user groups;
- Identifying assumptions, constraints, and anticipate and manage risks;
- Performing requirements analysis and develop prototype solutions to demonstrate SAP capabilities to the business and enable adoption;
- Developing functional specifications and perform functional configuration (SPRO);
- Performing data analysis to understand how data impacts solutions;
- Participating in the development and maintenance of custom-built functionality and interfaces for SAP Applications and work with developers in this area;
- Participating in daily production checks and operations process required for ensuring any incidents are avoided or detected in time on SAP applications;
- Participating in an on-call rotation to support 24x7 operations;
- Leading troubleshooting of incidents or defects that arise in SAP applications and ensure a timely resolution. Ensure that all stakeholders are updated on progress as well;
- Developing diagrams and models (use case, activity diagram, business process models, etc.) and clearly document functional requirements and business rules to describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business and user requirements;
- Defining the requirements needed to transition from an existing solution to a new solution;
- Completing application service requests, providing continual business application support, research transactional issues, identify root causes as well as assist with upgrade and maintenance of applications;
- Communicating requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems to technical teams designing and implementing the solution. Assist with creating user guides and training; and,
- Supporting the development of the test strategy and test plans. Ensuring traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validating the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent practical experience;
- Two (2) to three (3) years SAP implementation experience - ideally two (2) full project lifecycles with TM, EM or SD, with a focus on logistics;
- Strong familiarity with SAP implementation methodologies;
- Strong configuration skills performing requirements analysis and then SPRO configuration;
- Technical SAP experience an asset, specifically experience with the following SAP technical frameworks: BOPF, FPM, FBI, BRF+, and/or AIF;
- SAP Transportation Management experience, specifically in the areas of Forwarding Order Management and Transportation Charge Management is an asset;
- SAP Event Management experience is an asset;
- Experience designing and configuring key integration points between SAP modules including experience with SAP PO;
- Experience implementing SAP Solutions at a logistics or transportation division is an asset;
- EDI, Order Management, and Pricing experience is an added advantage;
- Appreciation and understanding of how to deal with different cultural values and sensitivities and how to work in a virtual work environment;
- The ability to be a team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner; and,
- The ability to manage client expectations and negotiate win-win solutions.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.