Senior Network Designer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Network Designer for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading and/or participating in new service implementations;
- Producing and maintaining consistent technical documentation and processes to ensure proper functioning and maintenance of all network devices and associated infrastructure (network diagrams, implementation plans, operational guidelines, etc.);
- Resolving network related issues that tiers of support have escalated, which includes leading/managing the triage of complex LAN/WAN/WiFi /Internet related incidents:
- Monitoring network performance and integrity, bringing forward operational improvements, capacity, and scalability enhancements;
- Automating tasks and monitoring their effectiveness;
- Thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture;
- Configuring and installing software on routers, switches, WiFi controllers, and other network devices;
- Guiding/engaging selected telecommunications vendors to design and restore LAN/WAN/Internet services;
- Aiding in the development of operational models, processes, and documentation to oversee/manage all aspects of LAN/WAN/Internet services;
- Ensuring network solutions are aligned with defined architecture and associated standards;
- Developing proof-of-concept models to demonstrate proposed architecture/design changes;
- Crossing functional knowledge of how LAN, WAN, and Internet services interact/relate to VoIP and Voice Networks infrastructure; and,
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting detailed technical manuals, diagrams, and engineering documents.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking, or equivalent work experience;
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ in network, architecture, design with over fifteen (15) years of experience preferred;
- Five (5) years managing and/or operating large enterprise networks;
- Strong background in designing, implementing, sizing, scaling LAN, WAN, WiFi and Data Center networks (conceptual, logical and physical);
- Proven abilities to translate needs/requirements to architectural compliant network solutions;
- Knowledge of the OSI model and in-depth experience/understanding of the main network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2, VLAN, VTP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, Spanning tree, etc.);
- Familiarity with access control models and network security;
- Thorough knowledge of the management and support of routers and switches (Cisco IOS and NX-OS);
- Knowledge of authentication mechanisms (Radius, Tacacs, etc.);
- Cisco experience, knowledge is required;
- The ability to produce technical documentation in a clear and concise manner (Microsoft Word, Visio);
- Experience utilizing network diagnostic, monitoring, and automation tools (SolarWinds, NetBrain, BMC);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with various levels of management, technical, and business stakeholders;
- Demonstrated multitasking, documentation, and organizational skills;
- Strong understanding of Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management;
- Aruba, Ubiquiti, Digi, Nokia, experience, knowledge would be an asset;
- Industry recognized certifications and or equivalent work experience (i.e. Cisco, Aruba, etc.) would be an asset;
- Excellent problem-solving skills; and,
- Attention to detail.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.