Technical Prime/Principal Engineer for AI/ML/Data Platform
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Prime/Principal Engineer for AI/ML/Data Platform and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 3-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start immediately.
As the Technical Prime/Principal Engineer for AI/ML/Data Platform, you will be responsible for:
- Be the technical lead for the AI/ML platform delivery project in the data domain;
- Responsible for providing technical leadership for the project and be the single technical point of contact end-to-end across multiple teams;
- Provides support to the project manager from planning, coordination of activities and driving and organizing the team around technical tasks;
- Work with the business primes, business analyst, and the solution architect to understand the scope, requirements, and architecture of the program;
- Translate the requirements and architecture into System Design Specification (SDS) documentation acting as the system integrator (SI) in ensuring the design connects all components end to end;
- Create the design for the platform that enables the Machine Learning (ML) data science team to both train and deploy their capability onto;
- Will work with IT data delivery and BI data engineering team to coordinate and ensure design continuity cross teams and domains;
- Support multiple project delivery teams onboard their solutions onto the platform;
- Leverage both Hardware/GPU to enable ML team to perform model training and data seeding/provisioning as well as on-prem cloud computing (OpenShift docker containers/pods) to create a platform solution design for complete source-to-image creation and deployment of ML models to be consumed by various IT systems;
- Support the team in the creation of Redis design, and RDBMS (PostgreSQL/oracle design);
- Support the team in creation & design configuration of ML API (python based) OpenShift pods and containers and corresponding DevOps pipeline;
- Support the team in the creation of event-driven design over data streams via Kafka;
- Work with the BI/Big Data engineering team to design multi-region data seeding & data loading mechanism; and,
- Participate in the full SDLC post detailed design and being the tech prime for the project through delivery, QA, deployment and post-production support
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker/Docker compose Pods, routes, services, etc.;
- Postgres, Oracle, Cassandra/DSE, Teradata, Hadoop, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka;
- Python/Flask, WSGI, Java, Scala, Redis;
- Agile/SAFe delivery methodology;
- DevOps: Jenkins CI, Gitlab, Urbancode deploy, TFS;
- Linux, GlusterFS, Prometheus, Kibana/Grafana;
- Designing Active/Active active-everywhere topologies;
- Team leadership, organization skills;
- Clear communication skills; and,
- Self-starter results-oriented, strives in distributed multi-location work-environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.