Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Data Engineer
- Performs project quality assurance initiatives during project life-cycle gating such as planning, designing, procurement and construction phases of projects having significant impact on the enterprise’s business growth and cost effectiveness strategy;
- Develop solutions to reporting and information requirements;
- Respond to requests for data analysis and reports;
- Create visualization and dashboard reports;
- Identify and assess business opportunities and address key business challenges;
- Provide advice on and interpretation of business data and provide support to plan design;
- Develop solutions based on information requirements;
- Participate in data warehouse initiatives and identify any data issues with the data warehouse;
- Provide support to department functional teams in the effective implementation and continuous improvement of a centralized Projects Quality document control management process;
- Utilize Power BI tools for effective Cost of Poor-Quality analytics, streamlining data reporting and information requests;
- Root Cause Analysis;
- Utilize SharePoint for documentation compliance activities;
- Reports to the Manager, Quality Systems;
- Interfaces with multiple internal stakeholders such as quality systems team members.
Skills and Qualifications of a Data Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or completion of a two-year technical or community college certificate in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline;
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and presentation tools such as Power BI or another similar BI Tools;
- Data Models, Database design & SQL Server;
- Advanced working knowledge of data visualization tools;
- Experience working with data warehouse facts and dimensions;
- A strong understanding of the structure of relational databases and their implementation;
- Proven ability to work effectively with large volumes of data, business lines and plans;
- Analytical abilities, attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and organize workflow and priorities;
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to meet varying client needs;
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity;
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects over varying time lines;
- Strong communication, presentation & interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power BI and Office Applications (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, especially with handling sensitive documents and company information.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.