Eagle is currently seeking a GIS Developer for an eight (8) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business and IT teams to design and develop well-defined GIS technical solutions that meet business objectives and requirements;
- Gaining an understanding of the current software environment and identify integration points and requirements of the solutions to existing enterprise software;
- Developing solution and implementation plans with appropriate resource skills and estimates of effort for integration with identified applications;
- Assisting in developing task lists and resource assignments based on architectural planning and deployments;
- Assisting with the development of recommendations including providing details of dependencies, inter- dependencies, and business impacts pertaining to solutions proposed and designed for implementation;
- Collaborating with multi-disciplined teams on proof of concept and limited production roll outs;
- Documenting technical recommendations, related operational documentation and provide technical advice to project and informatics team members; and,
- Documenting and reporting project status against established objectives, milestones, and facilitate tracking and closure of issues.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or Masters in Computing Science or equivalent;
- Three (3) years’ experience in GEOCORTEX application development;
- Five (5) years’ experience in Python script development;
- Five (5) years’ experience with ArcGIS for Server and Desktop applications, including extensions;
- Five (5) years’ experience developing and deploying geospatial web applications, including geoprocessing, vector, map, and imagery services;
- Three (3) years’ experience in ArcPy;
- Two (2) years’ experience with Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online with the ability to develop custom web-based GIS applications and widgets using Web AppBuilder, ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS on-line;
- One (1) year experience with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in understanding business goals and translating them into requirements for IT solutions;
- Seven (7) years’ experience communicating with staff at all levels within an organization;
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience with Enterprise Geodatabases on Microsoft SQL Server;
- Experience with metadata models and standards;
- The ability to pass enhanced security clearance requirements;
- GIS architecture experience would be a significant asset;
- Experience with preparations of reports, technical application manuals, software operations and maintenance documentation are nice to have;
- Experience working with FME would be an asset;
- ESRI Web Developer technical certification would be an asset;
- Experience with mobile or tablet development would be an asset;
- Experience developing critical, large data management environments and integrating with complex custom and COTS software; and,
- Demonstrated commitment in, and the knowledge of, current and emerging GIS technologies.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.