Eagle is currently seeking a Scrum Master. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding customers’ needs and what is important to them in terms of business value;
- Facilitating the team and organization on how to use Agile and Scrum practices and values;
- Facilitating the team towards self-organization;
- Assessing the agile maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving;
- Facilitating while getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work;
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution;
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and actively sharing information;
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog; and,
- Supporting the team while using an inclusive leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field;
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I);
- Two (2) years’ experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applied Scrum principles, practices, and theory;
- Two (2) years of relevant job experience;
- Experience successfully leading a range of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality;
- Experience managing large, complex investment budgets;
- Experienced in managing projects or programs;
- Comprehensive knowledge of project and program management methodologies and tools, including Agile methodologies;
- Strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and ROI development;
- Knowledge and experience in agile, scrum and iterative development;
- Ability to encourage agile approaches and ability to iterate to create innovation;
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and lead change within the organization;
- Good skills and knowledge of inclusive leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency;
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques in the Scrum approach including numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, and handling bugs;
- Degree in Business Administration (an asset);
- Certification in PMP, ITIL foundations and Agile (an asset);
- Experience in Teradata, Datastage, and SAS (an asset); and,
- Data reporting and analytics experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.