Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Architect. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing a solution architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensuring the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change;
- Creating, evaluating and recommending solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements;
- Collaborating with Architecture COE on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps;
- Conducting continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements;
- Acting as a liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project or initiative;
- Leading and delegating development responsibilities to developers and specialists to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame;
- Providing guidance and coaching to other architects, developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process;
- Assessing and articulating any impacts of the solution on existing business and technical landscape;
- Working in partnership with Strategy, COE’s and the business so as to help in defining future services, enhancement and direction;
- Supporting management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles;
- Working across the CPGC to understand and leverage common solution components where appropriate;
- Working closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented;
- Designing and implementing complex systems solutions across the stack;
- Translating business requirements into an overall technical solution that is robust, scalable and extensible;
- Proactively anticipating technical risks, design and implementation error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security;
- Recognizing opportunities for reuse, componentization, dependencies and interactions between components and projects and take ownership of resolving issues or conflicts;
- Participating in the definition of a change release strategy for application change initiatives;
- Participating in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches;
- Identifying and evaluating risks and participate in mitigation and control activities;
- Writing architectural solution documents;
- Supporting the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure;
- Providing technical thought, leadership and mentoring;
- Producing information models that represent the business problem to be solved regarding data content, data relationships and structure;
- Developing data management standards and practices, especially those which ensure data quality and data integrity across the corporation as part of the identification and definition of cross-enterprise data entities;
- Providing guidance and consultation to individuals and groups to ensure on-going projects and initiatives are in alignment with the corporate data architecture standards;
- Understanding business requirements and mapping them to the enterprise data and process models;
- Providing input and consulting support on large-scale projects and road maps for compatibility with the enterprise’s vision for data management;
- Clearly articulating pros and cons of various technologies and platforms;
- Documenting use cases, solutions and recommendations;
- Explaining the work in an easy-to-understand form for management;
- Performing detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution; and,
- Solutioning and architecting data environment for new services and offerings.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ability to self-serve;
- Experience with Tableau;
- Experience with Teradata and Teradata Data Labs;
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting and Visualization; and,
- Experience with SAS analytics.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.