Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Intermediate Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Participate in the decisions of the stakeholder committee, considering the three perspectives of project management (needs, resources, solution) in order to ensure the quality of results, and the aspect of schedules and budgets;
- Define the project management strategy and approach (this may include adapting the work reference model, e.g. the work method or solution delivery process used by the delivery group);
- Develop the project statement, the project plans (communication, scope, quality, risk, human resources, schedule, financial and environment requirements), and the various project reports;
- Plan, organize, and control the activities and resources of the delivery group. Lead, support, and follow up on the execution of the project plans;
- Manage the budget and schedule of the project;
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the progress of the delivery group;
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on project performance (budget, cost, schedule, scope, quality, risk, and issue);
- Maintain overall change control procedure, overall project plans, and detailed plan;
- Manage the relationship with the external providers to ensure their performance and products or services meet the contractual agreement;
- Integrate the results of the external providers into the project and ensure an appropriate and timely outcome;
- Assess and review the performance of the external providers;
- Manage change requests and outstanding issues;
- Submit major change requests to the coordination and steering committees;
- Control deliverable review and obtain written approval for them;
- Carry out project progress and status reviews;
- Recommend corrective actions to the steering committee and ensure execution of approved corrective actions;
- Communicate project progress and directions to members of the delivery organization and steering committee;
- Raise project issues and risks, as well as quality and scope deviations.
- Escalate issues, risks and problems to the identified authority when the situation so requires.
Skills and Qualifications of a Project Manager
- Ten (10) Years' of experience;
- Experience in progressively more senior Project Management roles and more complex projects;
- Experience with a Formal, structured PM approach used in delivering projects; familiar with and able to progress projects in a client environment where there is a formal, gated approval process;
- Demonstrated experience leading a project from start to finish;
- Demonstrated track record in delivering the planned business benefits, on-time and on-budget;
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Very strong financial and budget management experience and capabilities;
- Experience Working in a Complex Team Environment;
- Superb oral and written communications and client management skills with a professional and formal communication style;
- Able to form solid relationships with all personality types - and balance competing demands and needs from clients, PMO and IT;
- Ability to act as an influence with both Business and IT clients without being perceived as telling the client how to run their business;
- Positive and results-oriented, yet careful and conservative in approach to planning;
- Thrives in challenging and changing environments;
- Superb oral and written communicator Able to manage expectations of all stakeholders;
- Able to be hands-on when required;
- Flexible, patient, collaborative and non-confrontational;
- Self-starter yet seeks guidance when required;
- Confident and mature personality;
- Able to operate within a complex customer environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.