ITSM Problem Manager
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an ITSM Problem Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below:
Job Title: ITSM Problem Manager
Contract length: 6 month contract
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for owning the (ITIL-based) incident and problem management process;
- Be accountable for coordinating the right resources to ensure the restoration of normal service following an event that disrupts or reduces service quality to minimize the impact on IT and business operations; and,
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and tooling required to effectively deliver incident and problem management services.
Who We Are Looking For:
- You are motivated and you are capable of taking action without significant supervision;
- You have a demonstrated an ability to collaborate with others, within and outside of IT, to achieve results;
- You are highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills;
- You put a high emphasis on providing the best customer service and experience possible.
- Incident and Problem Diagnosis, Resolution & Escalation;
- Facilitates and coordinates the investigation and diagnosis of incidents;
- Authorizes the resolution of major incidents based on the recovery of the service;
- Works with the Help / Service Desk, Triage, support groups, IT management, partners and vendors to proactively identify and manage the resolution of recurring and repeat incidents through effective trending and root cause analysis;
- Ensures timely communication of status and resolution to stakeholders through the Service Desk, email templates, and other defined communications channels;
- Classifies incidents and problems by impact and urgency;
- Authorizes the resolution of incidents and problems after they are fully resolved and accepted by end users; and,
- Assist with Change Management duties after hours while working closely with the Change Management team to support the incident and problem process.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain a correct historical record of the incident and problem-related information, producing management reports as needed, monitoring, tracking, and communicating incident and problem status;
- Reviews incident and problem tickets for completeness and quality information;
- Assists in developing and reporting on appropriate metrics to measure the effectiveness of incident and problem management activities.
Process Training & Continuous Improvement:
- Adheres to a standardized (ITIL-based) incident & problem management process;
- Creates, updates and disseminates knowledge articles related to incidents and problems, as necessary;
- Creates and updates documentation related to the incident and problem management process; and,
- Is responsible for the continuous improvement of the incident and problem management process and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works closely with the Change Manager to ensure alignment and seamlessness between incident, problem and change management;
- Works with IT leadership to ensure that Service Desk and other IT teams understand and follow the standardized incident and problem management process; this may involve; providing training and/or advice to other teams;
- Holds regular meetings with relevant IT groups to review on-going issues and activities including post-mortems on major incidents as required; and,
- Helps manage incident SLAs and key performance indicators where appropriate, with accurate reporting to key stakeholders.
Your Skills & Experience:
- University Degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems or a related discipline;
- 5+ years of experience working in Information Technology;
- 2+ years of experience core Incident Management, Problem Management experience;
- Experience in running a Major Incident Conference Bridge;
- Ability to collect and interpret computer performance data and conduct ticket analysis for the purpose of identifying trends and recommending actions;
- Ability to work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging; from VPs to individual contributors and support staff;
- Experience with IT Service Management ticketing systems (ServiceNow);
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Relevant industry-related certifications (e.g. ITIL, MCSE, MCP, Net+, A+) is a great asset;
- Experience with SharePoint, Confluence/ Jira is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.