Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a SAS Administrator. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the overall health of the SAS platform;
- Performing new installation as necessary;
- Managing production environments based on Solaris and Linux;
- Planning and executing SAS software migration from version 9.2 to 9.4;
- Planning and executing SAS software installation and upgrades;
- Creating runbooks and implementing maintenance jobs;
- Appling maintenance releases, upgrades and hot fixes as required;
- Designing solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the platform;
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining platform security via SAS Metadata;
- Performing platform capacity planning and management;
- Establishing best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform;
- Owning and driving the SAS Product patching and release upgrade activity and acting as liaison to SAS for any support issues;
- Providing maintenance and supporting for SAS products during deployment, upgrade and any changes to SAS products and during other enterprise activities that impact SAS infrastructure;
- Managing and tracking SAS products inventory and license updates for SAS servers and end users;
- Establishing best practices for administering and interpreting sources of data;
- Monitoring usage logs to assist in performance tuning of the systems and servers;
- Addressing other IT tasks as assigned by supervisor;
- Performing installation, upgrading and configuration of SAS technology products on all supported server environments;
- Monitoring the overall availability and performance of the current SAS technology server environments and take corrective actions as necessary to insure peak operational performance;
- Working with the SAS user community to manage users access, and perform periodic code reviews to insure that SAS applications are utilizing efficient design principles and adhering to internally published best practices; and,
- Providing solution assistance to ensure that the most appropriate SAS technology is selected to satisfy the business requirement and providing user assistance during early phases of the project lifecycle.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- SAS product expertise in administrative and support such as SAS9.2 and 9.4;
- SAS product expertise in general product including install, upgrade, and migration;
- Problem solving and excellent documentation skills;
- Linux administration or advanced usage;
- Must be able to work overtime and on the weekends as required;
- Strong analytical, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills;
- SAS ETL development or support; and,
- Infrastructure experience in servers, databases and network proficiency (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.