Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
IT Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an IT Project Manager. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying top project risks and issues for project portfolios and their interrelationships;
- Identifying projects that are at risk or are already in red or yellow status and discerning which ones will continue to face challenges;
- Conducting a project rescue assessment to understand the challenges facing those projects and the options available to provide assistance;
- Working with the project manager to coach them on possible solutions and options to allow for success;
- Following up with projects identified as at risk or in red or yellow status to ensure their remediation plans are continuing to be successful;
- Managing and tracking progress of remediation activities to determine their success and providing adjustments as needed;
- Maintaining and reporting on status of actions, issues, risks at a high level for those projects;
- Supporting the new Delivery Operating Model to move delivery of projects for our client groups to a more Agile approach;
- Working with the Core DOM team on evolving the new Delivery Operating Model bringing back findings from project research;
- Helping create work plans for rollout of new or updated processes, standards and templates that will help projects be more successful, in particular ones identified at risk; and,
- Working with projects at risk to ensure that new artifacts are used effectively and help track DOM adoption throughout the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a Project Management and/or Consulting environment as Team Leader;
- Great communication skills and ability to work with teams in difficult situations;
- Ability to quickly understand project scope to build applicable strategies for remediation;
- Experience in assessing status of projects and clearly communicating findings;
- Understanding of Agile methodology and working environment, in concert with other methodologies to be able to draw from them for appropriate remediation approaches;
- Understanding of working in delivery of functional application and technology projects;
- Experience working in an evolving environment;
- Desire to lighten the load of a traditional waterfall, assisting in the streamlining and simplification of processes; and,
- Familiarity with MS Project.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.