Data Engineer / Data Scientist
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Engineer / Data Scientist for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Data Engineer / Data Scientist
- Improves the data availability as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems;
- Collects, blends, and transforms data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development;
- Implements data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats;
- Performs aggregations on data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas) for BI purposes;
- Interacts with business teams and capable of understanding how data needs to be structured for consumption.
Skills and Qualifications of a Data Engineer / Data Scientist
- Five plus (5+) Years of experience;
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture;
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements;
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.;
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Data Bricks, No-SQL;
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics;
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions;
- Document and communicate standard methods, best practices and tools used;
- Work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialist, & subject matter experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical;
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field;
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark;
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Data Bricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow;
- Experience with Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub;
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL;
- Ability to produce formal written deliverables including data models, technical standards and guidelines, investigations and recommendations, presentations and briefings, future state roadmaps, and meta-data catalogs for business and technical use.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.