Eagle is currently seeking a Microsoft Developer for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Microsoft Developer
- Perform system analysis, design, and estimating as directed, based on the design specifications provided;
- Work with EPS staff from various departments to translate business requirements into updates needed within the application;
- Work with senior and technical resources;
- Perform the required technical changes and do unit testing and system testing;
- Coordinate and perform software deployment
- Create operational support documents and limited system design;
- Work with other project managers and development teams;
- Perform ongoing bug fixes
- Perform ongoing application improvements;
- Perform some technical design in conjunction with senior resources;
- Perform application enhancements and production change management;
- Produce and execute test scripts;
- Follow and update current technology standards and best practices;
- Consult / discuss with the Business Analyst on specific details and design of the application;
- Present various solutions and discuss the most applicable solution - from a hardware and software point of view;
- Perform continuous process improvement related to the development process (this includes defining development, deployment, and maintenance), issue tracking and issue assignment;
- Create system documentation including Data Models, Architecture Designs, System Designs and Operational Support documents;
- Perform application administration and support;
- Perform data modeling / mapping in conjunction with senior resources.
Skills and Qualifications of a Microsoft Developer
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD);
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD);
- Required: 3+ year Microsoft .NET development experience;
- Development experience with SQL / Transact-SQL;
- Experience designing and developing web applications using Microsoft technologies;
- Experience with systems analysis and design, process and data modelling, and unit testing;
- Aptitude for written and oral communication;
- Ability to pay attention to detail and excel in a team environment.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience integrating third party systems with custom solutions.
- Knowledge of police related information systems.
- Related experience with Active Directory.
- Development experience with AJAX, LINQ, Web Services, MSBuild,
- Continuous Integration experience.
- Experience with dependency injection.
- Service Oriented Architecture development experience
- Microsoft VB.NET development experience
- Microsoft Team Foundation (TFS) experience
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.