Senior Cloud Engineer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the team is following best practices within the cloud;
- Coaching staff on the culture shift needed and delivering on business outcomes;
- Designing and deploying of cloud services blueprints and associated delivery pipelines with a security focus;
- Designing and implementing automated delivery pipelines for the cloud services;
- Managing and automating cloud services life cycle aspects and processes such as monitoring, patching, events notifications, configurations remediation, and following HA/DR requirements;
- Identifying and documenting information security risks and propose mitigating controls;
- Developing and documenting of operational procedures for service operations teams;
- Ensuring agile and leaning of best practices are applied to the delivery and security architecture standards are followed;
- Helping foster a culture within the team to be part of a scrum, build product owner capabilities, and product backlogs;
- Ensuring team is following daily scrums, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives; and,
- Coaching team of highly talented individuals in the cloud capabilities, processes and cloud best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, management information systems or a related discipline;
- Certified Cloud Security Professional CCSP or other related security certifications;
- Certifications equal to Azure Administrator Associate or Azure Solutions Architect Expert;
- Eight (8) years’ technical expertise;
- Three (3) years’ of hands-on work experience in Azure;
- Three (3) years’ experience of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines;
- Minimum of three (3) related projects focused on application migrations, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, or PaaS;
- Experience helping organizations build enterprise standards, processes and build standardize reusable components that are securely enabled;
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications with Azure;
- Experience in implementing security and governance frameworks;
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins;
- Understanding of networking DNS, VPN, VNET and NSG;
- Experience with coding Restful APIs and using configuration management tools;
- Implemented infrastructure as a Code delivery pipelines;
- Knowledge of Bash, Azure CLI, YAML and PowerShell;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal, technical leadership and influencing skills; and,
- Demonstrated an understanding to meet and deliver on customers’ expectations and continually seeking feedback.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.