Database Engineering Lead
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Database Engineering Lead and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 9-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
The Infrastructure Engineering Lead – Database is a senior technical role that will be supporting the introduction and management of database technologies. This role is responsible for database strategy, planning design and continuous improvement and works with various service providers to oversee implementation. Responsible for planning, gathering and translating technical requirements into infrastructure solution designs in alignment with business needs.
This role is additionally responsible for relationship management with key vendors and internal partners, managing services, processes, and KPIs, related to system design effectiveness, requirements traceability, customer and partner satisfaction, system design quality and system availability in order to take proactive actions and deliver expected levels of system capability.
As the Database Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for:
Analyze System Requirements;
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead analyzes existing databases technologies to ensure they are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. He/She coordinates with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should. He/She also analyzes business requirements to identify where they can integrate new compute, storage, operating systems, and secure connectivity solutions;
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements;
- Based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems’ needs, the Infrastructure Engineering Lead performs market research and evaluations including Proof of Concepts of new technologies and may recommend alternative database technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management;
Lead Design and Review of New Systems
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead leads the design and review processes for new Infrastructure systems and database services. He/She develops and documents the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new system/service, and will work with the integration and implementation service providers/teams to ensure proper understanding of the IT system design(s);
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead defines TI Standards and Strategies, including configurations and settings (hardening, security, logging, backup, design, patching, and platform best practices);
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead is responsible for artifact management relating to design standards, templates, patterns, and other design documentation standards;
- Prioritization of an assignment of services to be performed by vendors;
Plan for Integration
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead leads the creation of detailed plans/approaches for the integration of new systems and database services into existing infrastructure design/architecture. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations;
- After a new system has been integrated, the Infrastructure Engineering Lead participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. He/She provides feedback to leadership and incorporates this information into future integration plans;
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead designs and oversees technology specific operations. This includes developing and documenting standard operating procedures, management of technology licenses and asset management, prioritizing and assigning work to vendor staff, and the evaluation client and vendor operations performance.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, IT or relevant experience;
- A minimum of 10 years in IT;
- Expert understanding of database technologies;
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability database designs;
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred;
- TOGAF certification preferred;
- Experience in engineering, deploying and managing databases on Windows / Linux platforms;
- Three or more years in designing, deploying and administering database services;
- Five or more years of experience in designing Enterprise Infrastructure Services running various Compute, Network & Storage ecosystems;
- Three or more years in developing and managing database services;
- Three or more years in database automation – infrastructure as code;
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation;
- Experience with implementing three and five year plans to aligned technology selection with TCO and ROI objectives;
- Experience in contributing to a complete Project Life Cycle process including but not limited to project; Request-Discovery- Planning-Delivery and Closure milestones;
- Minimum of three years of experience with the following technologies Oracle Database, Delphix, MySQL, MS SQL, and OEM;
- Excellent verbal and written communication capability demonstrated at technical professional and customer/stakeholder levels; and,
- Excellent in critical thinking and problem-solving skills, planning and organizing and organizational change disciplines.
For more information on this opportunity, please give us a call and speak to a recruiter.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.