Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Financial Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
The Financial Analyst, Risk Analytics, will play an important role in the measurement and monitoring of Investment Risk. The individual will actively support the monitoring and reporting of the fund’s overall market, credit and liquidity risk exposure in a timely and accurate manner. The candidate will use strong financial product knowledge and risk analysis skills to perform risk attribution analysis and provide insights into risk movements across various dimensions. The individual will support monthly risk system upgrade initiatives related to the design, testing, and delivery of technology solutions for an investment professional. In this role, you will work closely with Investments, Strategy & Risk, Model validation, Business Analyst and IT to assist with initiatives related to risk modeling, measurement and reporting.
As the Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Provide accurate and complete risk attribution for VaR/ETL, Greeks, Backtesting for Active and Asset Risk at the total fund level;
- Perform accurate weekly liquidity reporting and ad-hoc what-if analysis;
- Ensure daily risk reporting and monitoring are complete and calculated correctly by ensuring all Key Financial Controls are adhered to;
- Prepare risk reports and analysis in response to ad-hoc requests;
- Perform model condition monitoring for Model vetting Group;
- Ensure internal control processes are documented and continuously updated;
- Complete multiple phases of the unit and End-to-End testing needed to validate risk results from enhancement;
- Propose and implement an enhancement to operational processes that govern Risk Analytics outputs team;
- Document and train Risk Analytics on new processes;
- Collaborate and maintain key relationships with Investments, Strategy and Risk, Model Validation, IT and External vendors; and,
- Attend meetings with various members of Risk Analytics, Strategy & Risk, Model Validation and/or IT around risk and model deliverables.
What we’re looking for:
- The successful candidate will have three plus (3+) years’ experience in financial services with relevant exposure to risk measurement experience in the market, credit, and liquidity risk;
- Relevant Master’s degree (such as Financial Mathematics, Business/Finance, Economics, Computer Science);
- CFA or FRM designation is an asset;
- Solid knowledge of risk measures, financial instruments, financial data with experiences in a risk reporting function. Experience with buy-side risk management is an asset;
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, VBA, and SQL;
- Experience with FIS Adaptiv is an asset;
- Excellent strategic and planning abilities with the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate effectively with the business and Information Technology;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think through problems assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent strategic and planning abilities are detail oriented and a team player;
- Experience in dealing with senior investment personnel;
- Strong interpersonal skills innovative, creative and independent;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution;
- Analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution;
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to be an active team member, but also work independently with minimum supervision; and,
- Positive attitude ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.