Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Senior Project Manager - Cloud Services
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager – Cloud Services. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Executing best practices in the areas of project management, governance, guidelines, process and tools;
- Providing project management capabilities throughout the project lifecycle and ensuring the successful completion of the assigned small to medium sized projects;
- Managing a variety of projects while utilizing management best practices, processes and tools including the supervision of the project resources;
- Managing small and medium sized assigned projects;
- Managing the project planning sessions to establish scope, assumptions, constraints, deliverables, interim milestones, work breakdown structure and timelines according to established project level category;
- Developing the work breakdown structure to manage projects and to facilitate communication with team members and stakeholders;
- Preparing the detailed project schedule based on best practices scheduling techniques;
- Preparing the resource plan and tracking resource utilization;
- Preparing all project documentation and obtaining sign-off from the project sponsor where applicable;
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on project risks and issues;
- Ensuring the setup issue log, risk log and other supporting project documentation based on size and complexity of project;
- Establishing the project control and monitoring guidelines;
- Developing and monitoring project financials, providing monthly project financial reporting;
- Analyzing variances and preparing action and recovery plans as appropriate;
- Preparing weekly status updates and providing them to the senior management monthly project reviews, including updates on top issues, risks and variances;
- Supervising the project team members during the project duration and provide feedback on team member performance;
- Actively promoting best practices and project management competency;
- Ensuring all the technical guidelines and standards are adhered to;
- Sharing knowledge and projecting experiences with the project management community;
- Applying project management discipline in accordance with project categorization guidelines;
- Ensuring communication and project status reporting;
- Establishing and managing the project communication plan for stakeholders;
- Utilizing project management tools such as MPS to capture and report on the status of each project including all tasks and resource utilization;
- Providing weekly status reports;
- Participating in steering committees and management review sessions as appropriate; and,
- Preparing report analytics as per governance guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Three (3) years’ of recently demonstrated project management competency as a project manager for business solutions projects with technology components;
- Project management experience such as process, tools and techniques;
- Knowledge on IT Governance and project delivery best practices;
- Ability to be outcome driven;
- Ability to coach and mentor a team;
- Experience supervising resources;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle;
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to be a strong team player; and,
- PMP certification (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.